Thursday, July 19, 2018

Bath


Lost in the post?

This post is by way of an apology to a number of my readers. One of the pleasures of having this blog is the number of comments I’ve received about my posts. Nearly all these comments are positive and constructive, they are often informative, and not infrequently appreciative: I enjoy getting them, and often respond to them.

For years now I’ve had a system set up that alerts me to each comment by sending me an email. For some reason, this system no longer seems to work, probably because Google, who host the blog on their servers, have changed the way things work. They often make such changes, usually notifying bloggers of what they are doing, and I generally take notice of these notifications. But this time, I didn’t realise what was going on. As a result, many of you have made comments and I’ve not read them. But they are not lost in the post: most of them are there, in the system, and I have now bulk published many of them to their relevant posts, and over the coming weeks will go through them, read, digest, and comment myself.

I’m sorry about this. I do value your comments, will continue to respond, and will now look out for them. I hope that all of you – old friends, longstanding online acquaintances, new readers, and the rest – will forgive me, and carry on reading.

- - - - -

The letter box that illustrates this post is one I saw in Bath. Its rather lovely ‘Greek key’ decoration, architectural as it is, particularly appealed to me.

4 comments:

bazza said...

I guessed as much Philip! I have been reading most posts anyway. Please carry on!
CLICK HERE for Bazza’s capricious Blog ‘To Discover Ice’

Philip Wilkinson said...

Thanks, Bazza. I'll carry on. More fancy brickwork soon, I hope.

bazza said...

I just returned from my first proper visit to Manchester. I was absolutely astounded by the architecture! Late Victorian and Edwardian red-brick buildings by the dozen. Ecstasy!

Joe Treasure said...

Good to know normal service has been resumed.